Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What are some healthy vegetable dinner ideas?

So I make this stuff with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, shredded carrots and tofu on brown rice, and my boyfriend says he doesn't like it because of all the carrots and because after all that cooking all the vegetables taste the same. I also make stir fry, which he also doesn't like for most of the same reasons. So what other kind of vegetable meals can I make where all of the tastes don't blend together and turn into some kind of gruel? I realize it's my cooking; I tend to cook vegetables longer because I like them softer. But either way, stir fry and that bell pepper stuff is all I know how to make that's healthy.



Keep in mind now, that we're on a pretty strict Fresh or Frozen fruits and vegetables diet that includes tofu, small amounts of red meat and chicken and fish. No pork, starch, or sugar.



Thanks in advance :)What are some healthy vegetable dinner ideas?
Asparagus; grilled or sauteed is good. I like to cover brussell sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper and stick em in the broiler for a few minutes. Vegtable fried rice is quick and easy also. Of course thats got some starch in it as well. Vegtable soup is also easy to make.What are some healthy vegetable dinner ideas?
Grilled veggie slices are very good. If there are any spices you like those can be good on them. Grilled chicken is good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment