Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you cook pre flavored/baked tofu?

so I bought this tofu from trader joe's. it is pre baked with a teriyaki flavor. and i'm not sure how to cook it on the stove... like do I still need to use oil? do i just cut it up and put it in a pan without anything else? I'm sorta new to this because my dad usually makes it for me.How do you cook pre flavored/baked tofu?
The only time I've used anything like that was a herb flavoured tofu, which I just cooked completely normally in a stirfry and it made the mushrooms also taste like the herbs... If there is a lot of teriyaki sauce, as in it's actually dripping off of it, then you can probably use a lot less oil, but I would still use some.



Personally, I would put it in the pan and see what happens. If it looks like it's not going to cook properly, then I would add oil. But I don't mind experimenting. Perhaps you could ask your dad's opinion, if he's more familiar with cooking it?

No comments:

Post a Comment