Friday, October 22, 2010

How to cook tofu just with the tofu and a seasoning ?

extremely simple recipe:



1 lb tofu - cut into 1/2'; cubes



put on microwaveable plate



microwave for about 8:00



take it out, look at it



you want it slightly chewy and dry-ish



keep cooking in 1:00 segments, til it;s chewy



sprinkle soy sauce



voila



wleHow to cook tofu just with the tofu and a seasoning ?
saute the seasoning, and place the tofu and simmer for a few minutes.

Actually tofu can be eaten raw, if you want to make it plain simple, mix the raw tofu with just soy sauce, or seasoning, gravy of your choice.How to cook tofu just with the tofu and a seasoning ?
I love taking extra firm tofu, and cutting into cubes. Shake in a bag with any seasonings you want. I usually use onion powder, garlic, hot salt and a little beef boullion. Coat, place on a cookie sheet greased with a little olive oil. Bake in oven for about 15 min, at 350, turning a couple of times. Is very good cold also, and the kids love it as a treat.
you can do anything with tofu, since it comes in a bunch of different varieties. its great in stirfry cuz it absorbs flavor



try making sloppy joes with it

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/tofurecip鈥?/a>
I personally love cutting it in cubes and frying it in some veg oil and seasoning or sauce. My friend introduced me to boiling tofu though, he serves it in blocks and simply puts soy sauce and chives on it, so simple yet so delicious. You could also bake it or grill it with the seasoning on it.

Another thing I recently discovered is freezing tofu to give it a different texture. First, squeeze out excess liquid, then freeze it, then to thaw it pour hot (boiling) water on it then squeeze out the water again, then crumble it up! Then you can prepare it pretty much any way from there still, I used it to make sort of a replacement tuna salad, very delicious.

good luck! you can do almost anything w/ tofu
I make tofu quite often very simply. I cut the extra firm pressed kind into sticks and sprinkle it with pepper and a little sugar. I then heat up my non-stick wok over medium-high heat and put in a little vegetable oil. I fry the tofu sticks until they are just turning the very lightest yellow or brown color. Then I dump in a little soy sauce and toss it around for thirty seconds or so which with reduce it slightly and make it cling to the tofu. I then eat the tofu on it's own or on top of rice or pasta. A lot of people think my simple little method sounds crazy but when I feed it to them they usually think it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment