Friday, October 22, 2010

I want to cook tofu such that the outside is solid while the inside stays relatively soft. Any advice?

I had some real good tasting tofu the other day, made me guess twice as to whether it was chicken I was eating, as the texture was so similar. I'd like to cook tofu such that the texture feels as like 'chicken skin' on the outside and relatively soft on the inside, similar to how chicken is cooked. I'm new to this so how does one go about doing this? Thanks. What are some other yummie ways to cook tofu. Good spices with minimized sodium?

Thanks.I want to cook tofu such that the outside is solid while the inside stays relatively soft. Any advice?
I've had the tofu with that texture and served with sauce. Use the firm tofu bricks for that. After frying the tofu, you have to serve it right away to get the best experience.



It looked like they might have drained the water off the tofu, cut each piece diagonally, then deep fried the tofu just enough to crisp the outside. Then they drained oil off of it, plated it adding the sauce with green onions on top. I think there was big pieces of fresh shrimp cooked in the sauce and green onions added last.. (It's been many months since I had it)



We normally only use the soft tofu bricks for soups and we add it last because it's so fragile. Drain, cut into big squares, put it on a shallow dish and slip it into the soup.I want to cook tofu such that the outside is solid while the inside stays relatively soft. Any advice?
bread it with panko breadcrumbs and deep fry it.
Tofu Parm is really good (like chicken parm but with tofu):

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tofu-Parmig鈥?/a>



As well as fried tofu bites:

http://www.recipezaar.com/101891
  • who know all most printers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment