Thursday, October 28, 2010

Simple tofu cooking tips?

I want to make some tofu, but I don;t want to get complicated with it. I know how to either fry or bake it but i don't know what to flavour it with. I don't want it tasting super bland. Does anyone have any good spices or something I could put on there?Simple tofu cooking tips?
Tofu is good in anything! The most important part is preparing it before cooking by either pressing out water or freezing it, thawing it, and then pressing remaining water out. That helps alot! I use firm or extra firm tofu most of the time. I make udon noodles a lot w/ tofu. It is super easy and you can suit it to your tastes! I use udon noodles w/ veggies (broccoli, onion, mushrooms, peas, carrots, or anything you like!), and season w/ lime juice, cayenne pepper, and a few different sauces, namely tamari, soy sauce, Japanese noodle base, and some times terriyaki! It is easy and you flavor it to your preference. I really love Japanese food. Or you can use silken tofu for smoothies and even pies. Just look up recipes online and you will find tons! Even a sandwich spread made w/ tofu.Simple tofu cooking tips?
BBQ tofu is one of the easiest way to use tofu and it does taste good too

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/maindishe鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment