Friday, October 22, 2010

How to cook tofu for mexican food?

I wanna make tacos, I have made it with the sauce, vegetables and sourcream...but how can I cook it with tofu? should I cook it similar to how the meat is cooked? which is to put in a saucepan and add the ortegas tacos sauce. hints on any other thing I can put instead of tofu?How to cook tofu for mexican food?
In my opinion, I wouldn't use Tofu for a taco. You should use something called Griller Crumbles. All of Morningstar Farms products are vegetarian and some are vegan. I'm not sure if Grillers are vegan but they are really good. The crumbles look just like ground beef but taste better in my opinion. I use them for tacos, spaghetti and chili all the time. Just saute it with veggies and taco seasoning and you won't know the difference.



Tofu is better when it's sauteed with veggies, grilled or baked. Again, I wouldn't use it in a mexican dish.How to cook tofu for mexican food?
I personally don't like tofu for tacos/taco salad, since it comes out too soft (and I use extra firm, pressed, etc.). I usually use either TVP or some kind of beans %26amp; just saute in taco seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment