Thursday, October 28, 2010

What's the best way to make tofu taste really good?

I want to make some really good tofu that doesn't taste like soybeans (even though that's what it is). I want to put it in an empanada with some black beans, cheese, and herbs.



What's the best way to make the tofu have a really great flavor and not just taste like soybeans? What should I marinade it in, and how should I cook it? I'll probably want to cook the tofu before I put it in the empanadas so it won't taste raw.



Thanks.What's the best way to make tofu taste really good?
If you think of tofu as being a veggie sponge, you will understand it better. Just like a spunge you need to press out all the water to let it soak up the flavor you want to marinade it in. The marinade is up to you, what ever flavors you like. You could even soak it in chocolate sauce if you wanted to.What's the best way to make tofu taste really good?
I'd marinate it in a veggie friendly taco seasoning. Or, I'd use dried cilantro, cumin, cayenne, and anything else with a spanish flair mixed with some hot water or even beer.



Then, I'd heat up a neutral oil and add the whole bowl of stuff; tofu %26amp; marinade. Cook the tofu until crispy, but not too long or it will get rubbery.
i like to fry it. buy the extra firm and either crumble it or cut it in very thin strips (think bacon). no need to marinade it, but make sure you squeeze out all of the water. then fry it in a pan with 3 parts canola oil and 1 part soy sauce until it's a nice medium brown color.



i did this a few weeks ago and my friend said it tasted like meat.
This may seem weird but my favorite veggie restaurant deep fries it. It completely changes the texture and flavor.

I normally won't eat it but the way they do it YUM! I can't resist it.



Their cookbook explains how to do so.
Try cooking it in sesame oil %26amp; salt.
  • hack into myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment