Thursday, October 28, 2010

I have a question about tofu so please help =]?

i'm making dinner for myself tonight using half a block of tofu but i also need to save some for tuesday night when i'm making a tofu stir fry for myself and a friend.. if i use half of it today [saturday] will the other half be able to keep until tuesday which is like 3 days? and how do i store it until then? like should i freeze it? or just wrap it in plastic and stick it in the fridge? thanks for the help!



this is the first time i actually cook with tofu =]I have a question about tofu so please help =]?
tap water is fine don't worry about it so much.I have a question about tofu so please help =]?
wrap it in plastic and stick it in fridge.
i think the fridge will be just fine, but i'm no pro
in the fridge under water with a little salt
Just immerse it in tap water with some salt in an airtight container and then store in the fridge until your next use.
First, dont put it in the freezer, when you take the tofu out off frezzer it will be too soaky( and you have to squize all the water out~ the good result out of this is the tofu piece will have chewy flavor and texture like meat =) i often use it as mock duck or mock chicken in my soup)

I learn this from my mom, use the pickle juice to store tofu( in my country we always do it, expecially in the market~ I dont know why ~ it is just a tradition we follow)

You can use water too~ boil water and let it cool down. After that you can use it for your tofu
personally I think filtered water would be better but it's up to you. One thing I'd advise is to marinate it like an hour or more before you use it, like you could pour the water out and marinate it in vegetable broth or a sauce to give it flavor throughout. Don't marinate it the full 3 days but just like the night before or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment