Thursday, October 28, 2010

How to cook and what to make with tofu?

I'm a new vegetarian so I'm only beginning to discover proper meat alternatives. I bought some Extra Firm Tofu today. My mom is making ham with mashed potatoes and frozen vegetable mix so I need to find an alternative to the ham. Should I cook with the tofu or something else? How do I cook with it (briefly) and what could I make?How to cook and what to make with tofu?
With tofu, it's good to freeze it beforehand, because it gets a chewier texture. If it's too late for you to do that, don't worry. I cook tofu by grilling it usually, so I'm not familiar with ways of baking it, but you could ask your mom to bake it for you. Tofu is bland by itself, so put a sauce or spices on it.How to cook and what to make with tofu?
It is good to make with stir fry rice, you can grill it and add veggies, Use paper town to soak of some of the juice from it, for about 5-10 minutes then marinate it before you cook it for about 10 minutes, you can marinate it in soy cause, worschester sause, when stir frying, it will be like a chinese dish so you can add onions and bell pepper slices when stir frying it.
It is good to make with stir fry rice, you can grill it and add veggies, Use paper town to soak of some of the juice from it, for about 5-10 minutes then marinate it before you cook it for about 10 minutes, you can marinate it in soy cause, worschester sause, when stir frying, it will be like a chinese dish so you can add onions and bell pepper slices when stir frying it.
I know this won't help for this situation but here is a recipe with tofu. I love pad thai noodles.



http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/15122/pa鈥?/a>



The website www.taste.com.au is excellent, I love it!
I like to make smoothies with honey and soft tofu. Mix honey, yogurt and tofu and blend. You can also add fruit and/or vanilla
Here are hundreds of tofu recipes! Vegan and Vegetarian ones!

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/maindishe鈥?/a>
you can cut up pieces of tofu and make a stir fry with vegetables
tofu is good in smoothies. it adds protein. and u cant taste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment