Sunday, November 14, 2010

Can being vegan make my white blood cell count low of 1.5?

I will be honest I am a strict Vegan and have been that way for over 4 years now,My diet is bad I have never taken care of the right levels of protein and vitamins in what I eat and basically live on veg cooked and raw with ocassional tofu,pasta and rice,I just enjoy these foods most and find eating a bit dull.not because of being vegan but just has always be that way.

before being vegan I was vegetarian for many years,I was wondering if this could maake my cell count low and what other problems are associated with this and how can i fix them.

A new year a new start to improving myself as I dont want to bring question to a vegan diet being a healthy one.thanks.xxCan being vegan make my white blood cell count low of 1.5?
As with everyone, vegan or not, you need to make sure you are getting a balanced and nutritious diet. I would advise that you pay a bit more attention to the foods you are eating, but I think you already know that! :)



Vegans actually usually have more of certain white blood cells, called 'natural killer cells' (able to destroy cancer cells) and scientists are unsure of the reason for this, but I cant see why a well balanced vegan diet should cause a decrease in WBCs. Diet is not usually related to WBC counts.



There may be something else going on. Try increasing your range of foods and pay attention to the balance of your diet and see if that does help any, but if not then seek advice as to what else might be going on.Can being vegan make my white blood cell count low of 1.5?
Being a veg or vegan won't make your white counts low, but not paying attention to your diet can do a whole bunch of bad things. I would really suggest making an appt. with a nutritionist and a doctor to see what's going on.



You may have a food intolerance (auto-immune, allergy, etc.) that is affecting your immune system, or you may have something more severe. You also may have just not been feeding your body the nutrients it needs for so long that your immune system just isn't that strong. A doctor and a nutritionist will be able to give you more answers.
They are many problems associated with vegetarian diets such as yours and iron deficiency. It turns out iron absorption is a big problem for those who don't compensate.....



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarian#鈥?/a>



There's a big tendency to downplay these things on the part of vegetarians and vegans since their whole persona often revolves around a healthier diet but like any diet, it's got its pitfalls.



Meat actually makes up for a lot of nutrients a person lacks on a junk food diet in the short run. Without it, you've got to seek out a very well rounded diet.
YOU NEED TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET PROTEIN INTO YOUR DIET. ASK YOUR DOCTOR.
I think that you have answered your own question. A bad diet can cause all types of problems.
This is LOW. I am surprised that most people are simply addressing the value of vegan diet, instead of addressing the real problem. If someone ask me ';Can sushi make my eyes turn yellow?';, I am not going to talk about sushi.



Low WBC (white blood count) is especially a problem if your previous blood test is normal -- as it would rule out congential conditions. This means something just happened to your body, and you need to find out soon. Reading from your writing, you do not seem to be too concern of this. You should and I hope your doctor have scheduled you for additional tests. Alternatively, ask for another WBC, maybe someone made a mistake. Unusual, but not impossible. Hopefully, someone simply made a wrong measurement.



In the best case scenario, you are sick from a viral infection and do not feel it or ignoring the signs, but your body is certainly being attacked severely (for the WBC to drop this low). There are other more serious causes. You can read about the usual causes from Mayo Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/low-whi鈥?/a>



Good wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment