Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I need simple/healthy dinner ideas? mostly meatless?

I'm 22 years old and purchased a condo with my fiance last year. I'm a great cook when I'm cooking foods that Im familiar with ... I love working with vegetables! My mom was a vegetarian, and while she cooked meat better than anyone I've ever met (even though she never tasted it!)..I seem to have only picked up her veggie-dish knowledge!

I especially love to make veggies with a stirfry method to put over rice..

(I add pre-cooked perdue chicken strips for my fiance..)



I need some new ideas for veggie dishes becuase veggies with rice is really getting boring. I dont like tofu and i'm not soo hot with beans. I have a few soup recipes..



Any veggie dish that can be used with pasta or rice would be great. or just the veggies alone!!

(I know I said rice is getting boring but maybe if its not the same as how i've been cooking it, it wont be so bad)



I'm running out of dinner ideas.I need simple/healthy dinner ideas? mostly meatless?
Cook some pasta and make an alfredo sauce (or buy a jar at the store), pour the sauce on the pasta and there's your main dish. Then, saute some yellow squash and zucchini in olive oil, sprinkle them with pepper or veggie seasoning, and voila! A simple, vegetarian meal that is absolutely delicious.I need simple/healthy dinner ideas? mostly meatless?
You have lots of choices!



Pasta with sauce -- tomato, basil, olive oil. You can throw in some veggies too.

Burritos -- easy to make at home

Vegetarian lasagna

Learn to make your own sushi, like cucumber, avocado

Curry!

Chili

Sandwiches: Avocado, Tomato %26amp; Lettuce; grilled cheese



Basically, start thinking of countries and cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Indian. Try getting some spices and working with them. I like Penzeys.com. They have a lot of great spices and recipes, and they're easy and taste wonderful!
for awesome crunchy little potato chips/fries





1: mix selfraising flour, corn flour and some sort of liquid (beer, coke, milk whatever) into a bowl.... add the different things to get a runny but lumpy texture



2: peel and cut potato's up into small bits, the smaller the crunchier they will be.....



3: put the chips in the bowl



4: drain excess and then deep fry the hell out of them... preferably in virgin olive oil
Portobello mushroom caps taste just like meat when you broil them.
y not stemed veggies and pasta alfredo and broccolli
Just to add a few to what others have said:



- roasted corn with either garlic and pepper, or curry powder

- sweet potatoes (add a LITTLE butter, fennel, and or maple syrup / brown sugar)

- saag paneer (creamed spinach with curry and Indian cheese)

- butternut squash soup

- pumpkin (cooks well in a soup or stew)... check out Afghan recipes for ';kadu';, which has dill, cinnamon and a little brown sugar / butter and is often served with a yogurt cream sauce

- acorn squash

- Spaghetti primavera (with veggies in the sauce). Try going light on the sauce and adding extra parmesan cheese, garlic, and fresh herbs.

- Pizza (mostly vegetarian if you leave off the meat)

- Roasted green beans with roasted or sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese

- A veggie quiche



There are all kinds of pickles and dips you could do on the side that are vegetarian



And all kinds of desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment