Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thinking of trying to go vegetarian..need help?

I am the cook and purchaser of foods in my home and I am thinking of going vegetarian.. not for the animal issues so much but more for health and weight loss. I am now only eating chicken, beef and occasional bacon and eggs, other than that I do not eat meat.. I don't really mind giving up the meat I do eat but I guess I have a few questions for a beginner...



First off can a vegetarian eat eggs? next, if I don't want to eat soy and tofu products as replacement what are good sources of protein? did anyone find it hard to produce meat dishes for other family members over time as they transitioned to vegetarianism? I will not make my 2 yo give up meat until she is old enough to choose and I doubt my husband would be on board though I do know that he wants to start buying only free range and fairly treated animals. Any other suggestions and ideas? I am a picky eater at best so I know I'n going to have an issue finding meals to make as I do not like many vegetables and don't like trying new things! lol Another question: how do i make sure i don't fall into the trap of supplementing my meals with carbs to fill the gap?



And again I'm switching over mostly for health, theory being that if all you are allowed to eat is mostly vegs and fruit then chances are you're going to eat them, get healthy and lose weight.Thinking of trying to go vegetarian..need help?
First of all do not quit cold turkey; this is hard for someone who never being a vegetarian. Slowly remove foods from your diet and in your family diet (I do not think they will notice it). My mother and brother does not notice the different in the food they consuming. I have being a vegetarian at a very young age and within the last 5 years have gone totally vegan.



I am also a very picky eater. I purchase the vegetarian eggs in which you can purchase at any store (my mother buy egg-lands eggs). I can not drink regular milk, I drink very vanilla soy milk, consumed soy cheeses, eat better than cream cheese in place of regular cream cheese, eat lots of vegetables and fruits (hate banana's, tomatoes, oat meal, can not eat peanut, no peanut butter).



I even make my own salad dressing due to my allergies to one ingredient in store bought salad dressing that is MSG get severe headaches. If you need recipes just send a request and I will be your helping buddy in your transformation of becoming a vegetarian.



Best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment