Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Want to be vegetarian again?

So I was vegan for nearly a year, and the reason I stopped was that when I came home exhuasted at the end of a long day, I couldn't face cooking for half an hour just to make a tofu ';egg salad'; sandwitch and couldn't afford the expensive fake meat. I also cannot deal with cooking two seperate meals every night. Does anyone have any tips on how to cook and eat veggie on a tight schedule?Want to be vegetarian again?
I assume when you say cook 2 meals a night that means you cook a veggie meal and a meat meal for others?



Here are some good options where you can do both at once:



Home made pizzas: get the meat eaters to put on their own toppings and you have a veggie pizza



Stirfrys: Cook up a vege stir fry and can add meat for those who want it



Tortilla wraps - use chilli beans instead of mince, have mince cooked for those who want it.



And get the people your cooking for to have more vegetarian food. Your not asking them to go vegetarian, but you are cooking for them so they should be happy otherwise they can cook themselves.



As for going vegetarian again, just keep reminding yourself the reason you are.Want to be vegetarian again?
pizza, crockpot (soup, etc.), freeze something. thats what i do
I am vegan and I have a pretty tight skedule. I just eat rice and fruit and some other stuff.
Maybe not being strictly vegan would be more realistic for you. A grilled cheese is much easier to whip up.

However, if you really want to be vegan, I have 2 suggestions-canned beans and rice in a pouch. Open the beans, nuke the rice, slice or steam some veggies and there's your meal. Also, I like Tofutti ';Better than cream cheese';-it's not too expensive, comes in different flavors and you can put it on a bagel or some crackers and add some veg or fruit and you're good. Same thing with hummus.

BTW, I work 12 hour night shifts, but not eating meat is a commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment