Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Firming up that Tofu?

Howdy folks!



Here's a quick, easy question. Awhile back, I was told the best way to get tofu to that just-right consistency was to bake it in the oven for a time and let it firm up before cooking with it. It worked great, but now I can't remember what temp and how long.



Any suggestions?



I'm using very firm tofu cut into 1/2 inch cubes for a stir-fry. 325? 350? 400?



Thanks, your responses are appreciated. :)Firming up that Tofu?
Most recipes say to bake things at 350, so maybe you should try 350 and put it in for 5 minutes and then check on it.Firming up that Tofu?
I firm up my tofu by freezing it, then thawing it out before I bake or fry it.
usually I wrap the tofu in a paper or clean cotton towel and put a weight on top of it like a cutting board with cans on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment