Friday, November 19, 2010

Why am I obese after eating disorder?

Please don't be mean.



I eat really healthy. I don't go near any red meats. I do eat chicken and fish on occasion but mostly I stick to hummus, tofu and other soy products for protein. I eat a ton of vegetables and fruits. I'm lactose intolerant so I can't eat dairy. I do allow myself desserts on occasion, but it's nothing excessive. Just on special occasions and they have to be dairy free anyway so it's rare that I get any. I don't drink soda, I don't eat packaged snack foods. I don't add butter. I cook with olive oil. I use whole grains.



All in all I'd say I get in around 1200 calories a day.



I don't exercise, but I can't. I have a medical condition that prevents me from exercising. But I don't just lay in bed either. I still move. I just can't go do strenuous exercise.



But yet my BMI is like 33. It hasn't always been 33. I used to have an eating disorder but now I'm 22 and pretty close to recovery. I mean my BMI has been all over the place but it's never been here and it's bothering me so badly that I just want to give up and go back to how I used to loose weight because this way isn't working. How can I loose weight the healthy way?Why am I obese after eating disorder?
metabolismWhy am I obese after eating disorder?
Well if what you are doing isn't working, then it's wrong. I think you know that what you were doing before was no good either. The important thing is to not get frustrated. First, unless you have a real good reason for it, limit the soy cuz it's not very good for fat loss. Next, count your calories accurately for at least a week; use fitday.com and keep track of everything you eat and measure everything. Then if you still think you're getting 1200 calories a day, and you're haven't lost any weight, the only thing to do next is to cut calories more, or use up more calories through exercise. I don't know what medical condition you have, and I'm not telling you what you are capable of doing, but I would be as open and honest with yourself as possible. For instance, if you have a problem with using your legs, there's alot of exercises using just your arms. In other words, if you can't do certain things at all, do alot of whatever you can do. Above all be happy and proud of yourself in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment