Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I lose weight right as a vegetarian?

I dont eat eggs or eat dairy, No fish, no meats from animals of any kind. I dont eat tofu because even the smallest amounts make me have bad reactions because of the estrogen levels. Ive been vegetarian for over a year and went from 178 to 144.5. I eased through alot of my platues that I struggled with when I ate meat. Now my plateu is 144. I want to be 100lbs, 105 max. How can I kick start my weightloss again. Should I start eating salads? I never ate salads before only balanced cooked meals with veggies, nuts and grains. Should I cut out the bread and white rice?

I also use a soy protein powder with soy milk. For what ever reasons the only soy product that bothers me is tofu.



I will never eat meat again. When I was eating meat my weight kept climbing up and up. I would probably be over 200lbs by now had I kept eating meat products. I dont want to eat dairy or eggs either,however, I still eat regular condiments and preprepared foods that have small amounts of dairy or egg (bread, mayo, salad dressings, veggie patties).



I will admit my weightloss so far has been slightly easy peasy. I exercised moderately and I sort of fell out of that and am resuming. I know to get to my goal, Im going to have to put in more effort!How can I lose weight right as a vegetarian?
First of all, think of what your goal really is. Is it to be healthy, or skinny? Depending on how tall you are, 100 lbs is very low for an average woman. If you're at 144 already, you might want to make your goal more of around 120 or 115 before you go all the way to 100, that much weight loss can be dangerous. Also, if you are planning on exercising more (which would be a good idea if you want to lose weight/be more healthy) you need to make sure you are eating enough of all the important nutrients, or you could get very sick. I failed at being vegetarian because my goal was around 100 lbs, I exercised a ton everyday, and I only ate a tiny bit. Plus, no protein. So I got really bad anemia and other health problems. Since you're already into a year of being vegetarian though, you might know your stuff. But changing your diet plans when you're vegetarian is hard to do in a perfectly safe way.

No comments:

Post a Comment