Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I vary the food I eat...?

How I vary the food I eat because of my diet? I'm Asian so my family of course cooks rice every day. I'm an animal lover and I've thought about becoming a semi-vegetarian but I grew up eating meat all the time and it's on the table everyday. It would difficult for me to give up meat but how can I limit my intake? How can I incorporate other foods into my diet during dinner? I don't eat lamb, tofu is good when made the right way as well as spinach. What dishes are there that can go with white rice that doesn't contain much meat or none at all. I eat white rice everyday for dinner so I don't have a choice. The only thing that is different are the dishes/side dishes.How can I vary the food I eat...?
I did the same thing a few years ago. Focus on one or two non-Asian countries to start with (I started with French and Greek), either go on-line or get a couple of cook books from the library and pick a few dishes from each. Make a point of making a dish or two per week. Then go on and find other countries whose cuisine appeals to you. It worked for me - I now have a bigger/better repertoire. Takes some work but it is worth it!How can I vary the food I eat...?
you dont need to diet if your asian, silly.
the only thing i can think of, is to use (beans (and/or) bread) in your diet.

Limit you meals to (2 or 3) a day!
Brown beans and rice is good. Okra tomato and corn on rice is good. Black eyed peas and rice is good. red beans and rice is good. Jambalaya,gumbo, etoufee, google all that.
Hi

It is always difficult changing your diet when food is on the table for everyone, what I would suggest is this, if you make a vegetable main course or a fish course others can share your food but you get the main portion. It does mean you have to cook everyday but you want what you want right?

You can have so many things with rice.... Okra, Stir fry with beansprouts and carrot, lentils, beans, Dosa with vegetables, Using frozen mixed vegetables is a short cut as well seasoned what ever way you like them. You could even try fried rice with mixed vegetables. Start looking at recipe books in the shops to come up with ideas. Even menus from restaurants may give you ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment