Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can I make tofu have a stronger flavour?

I made a stir fry last night with Tofu. It was a great stir fry, but I found the tofu to be quite bland. It didn't absorb the flavours of the rest of the dish nearly as well as I was told it would



My method:



Soaked some tofu in soy sauce for about 10 mins (tofu was cut to resemble thin schnitzel)



Put in a hot, oiled pan with lots of veges, along with the soy sauce the tofu had been in

Added some salt, and some other sauce (can't remember the name)

Ate when everything was hot and cooked-looking



From my method you can probably tell i'm not exactly a kitchen whizz, so easy on the jargon in your answers pleaseHow can I make tofu have a stronger flavour?
I stir fry the tofu in oyster sauce first and put it aside. Then do your veg until they are ready and finally return the tofu for a final stir. Make sure you only use the firm tofu.How can I make tofu have a stronger flavour?
marinate the tofu the night b4 or buy some flavored tofu or temph
I soak the tofu for at least 1 hour but I do not use plain soy sauce- use teriakyi (sorry on the spelling if its wrong)- it works great
In order to get more flavour in, you have to get enough liquid out. Make sure that you pressed your tofu over night or at least 3 hours ( cut in large sections, line a baking dish with a towel, place the tofu in and cover with a another towel, place another baking sheet over and put some cans on top) once you have it pressed well you can use soy sauce or terriakye but also put in about 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar. that will help the soy absorb better.
you might be able to get some good recipes from this site - http://www.dummychef.com

they a recipe call braised tofu, i've tried and yummmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment