Sunday, November 14, 2010

How long can I keep airtight sealed, in-water tofu ?

I have some tofu for a few weeks but I am not sure how long. It has been in an airtight container with water that I have changed a few times and is not sour, has no brown spots and just looks the same as when I bought it. Can I still eat it ? Will cooking kill any bad bacteria that may have formed if it is too old ?

HELP PLEASE ! I was going to cook it tonight !! Thank you :)How long can I keep airtight sealed, in-water tofu ?
As long as it smells ok, it should be alright. I freeze mine to make it last longer. And it makes the texture way better.How long can I keep airtight sealed, in-water tofu ?
You should be ok if it doesn't smell sour. You can always test it by pinching off a small corner and tasting it to see if it is still ok. Good luck!
And

Next time freeze it after a week ( when you are all tofued out)

Then youcan bring it back out to stare at you from the refrigerator shelf on a day when you feel like tofu again...
there should be an expire date or consumed by date on it

No comments:

Post a Comment