Sunday, November 14, 2010

';Rough'; Tofu Dish.... How do I make it?

I visited a Buddhist Temple for the very first time on Chinese New Year. The monks served us a Vegan meal cooked in one big pot (like a stew). It was soooo delicious and I felt so good after eating it, that I want to learn how to make it myself!! They said it was traditional. It consisted of: Cabbage, mushrooms, bok choy, bean sprouts and small chunks of something the monks called ';ROUGH Tofu.'; It tasted like tofu but was nothing like any tofu I've ever seen or tasted before. It was really dense and firm to the bite (much denser than the extra firm that I buy in the store). The chunks had small holes and at a quick glance, looked like chicken. What kind of tofu is this and how do I prepare the dish. (Also, they served the meal with white rice and a root vegetable). Please help!';Rough'; Tofu Dish.... How do I make it?
It's probably homemade. They also might have frozen, dried, or fried it before cooking it.';Rough'; Tofu Dish.... How do I make it?
This stuff is made from tofu but it's not tofu. You can go to the big vietnamese or chinese market and ask for '; Mi` Can Ong' '; usually found in the tofu, vegetarian section. If you like that texture u can also try the chinese vegetarian chicken in a can. Well, hope u find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment