Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Vegetarians please help me?

I really need help with the foods that i eat daily, hi vegetarians,

am trying to lower my cholesterol and I also have acid reflux, i Don't eat meat or chicken or cheese, milk or mayo and alot of other stuff due to my cholesterol and acid reflux, I want to remain a vegetarian (been one for about three months) but one sad thing is I live with people that eat EVERY and ANYTHING and they always eat out, but they always say they feel bad because i can't eat what they eat and sometimes it's frustrating because they buy me like sandwiches and fries and stuff like that but i don't want it, I was doing fine, Until today i went to subway with someone that i lived with and she bought me a turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread, lettuce, cucumber, salt, and pepper,vinegar (which killed my acid reflux) I ate it, but i was not suppose to because i haven't eaten any meat for a few months but i was hungry and she got kinda upset because she said I can't eat anything, and she always tell me One time won't kill me, The thing is I have to start all over being a vegetarian and I just do not know how to stay commited and tell the people that I live with NO NO NO to the foods they offer me. They do not understand and I just want to take care of myself and be healthy because i do not want to have health problems in the future. How do i remain focused, sometimes I crave for fast food sandwiches but i try my best to ignore them even though there are plenty next to my job and school. I use mypyramid.gov everyday to check my calories and servings per grain, fruit, vegetable etc, It helps alot because I go by what they require and i get smiley faces and stuff it is so cool but what can i make to eat, also i love sub way, and there is one a few seconds away from where i work, if i do go there, what do i order? so basically what do you guys eat, I want to stay away from ALL MEAT, fatty foods, dairy, and all the stuff that's bad for you? also do you guys eat fries, idk help me? MY sister has been a vegan for 18 years and she put tofu in everything, that i cannot do, I am and can remain a vegetarian but maybe later on in life i will be a vegan but right now i just want to work on maintaining my vegetarian status, thanks and please don't be afaird to tell me where you buy your foods and what you guys eat every day. Me i eat tofu, but i like it fried but i usually cook it on the stove top or bake it, because oil is not my friend, i eat alot of vegetables but sometimes i ran out of options oh i also eat like a whole bag of sun-dried prunes in a day sometimes but it does not make me do number 2, is that normal?Vegetarians please help me?
HOLY PARAGRAPH BREAKS BATMAN!!!



Seriously, just do some research. There are a million healthy vegetarian foods and options out there.



Lentils? Chickpeas? Nuts? Nut butters? Seitan-based meat replacers? Beans? There's so many ways to get protein. Silken tofu can be blended into smoothies. You can bake firm tofu with barbecue sauce, or eat tofu-based burgers or hot dogs. You can eat low-fat cheeses like old parmesan and low-fat ricotta.



Vegweb is a great resource for meal ideas - they're vegan, so they're mostly low-fat:

http://vegweb.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=0b鈥?/a>Vegetarians please help me?
bring your co-workers to a vegan restaurant. then there is no pressure.

http://www.happycow.net

saturated fat raises cholesterol. wherever it is found

i shop at whole foods. ruby tuesday has an awesome veggie burger and a massive salad bar that rules.
If you stay commited to being a vegetarian, it will get waaay easier, and it won't bother you when people eat meat in front of you, and people will know that you are a vegetarian, and will respect that. You will get used to this.
yeah that'ss always a killer for me too, puts me in awkward situations. honestly, i can't eat tofu either. I got into a routine of eating certain foods, I was vegetarian for 3 years and vegan for one. Because I'm a student I kind of ate the same thing over and over every night haha, but basically the things i ate most were:



-Kidney Beans w/ Pasta Sauce

-Pita Bread w/ anything inside it

-Animal Crackers

-Whole wheat pasta



Make sure you eat carbs. You need energy regardless. I had to start eating meat again because of athletics, I couldn't achieve as high of a fitness peak without eating meat. :( but it works out now fine for me, and if you do go back to eating meat, or even if you don't, i would reccomend buffalo meat. It is leaner than even chicken and is very high in protein and amino acids. And no, buffalo are no longer endangered due to the efforts of the National Parks services.
You've already got some good answers here. Let me just add that you can get a Veggie Delite at Subway if you're not vegan. And stay away from that vinegar!
what is the question?



oh and last time I checked... you have free will. If someone buys something for you; you don't have to eat it. my hubby (omnivore) offers to cook me dinner all the time. I usually decline b/c I know that he'll either cook with meat, or won't be careful enough to keep our meals separated.



But ditto... do research; its really not that hard.
Well first of all if you do not want to eat meat don't. tell whoever it is that you are a strict vegetarian and that you do not eat meat. And i know how you feel because at school people always tell me that i cant eat anything and it gets on my nerves when they get upset at me for bringing it up quote on quote all the time. but i really don't. Also if they do stuff like that like getting mad at you i say something like why are you getting mad at me for something i believe in or don't want to put into my precious body. Also i love subway too and some have a vegetarian sandwich which has lettuce, tomato and a bunch of other veggies. its not bad and i really like it. I buy fake chicken tenders that come in a frozen bag thing and you can pop em in the microwave or oven and there really good, also i eat fake chili. There are so many options out here. i didn't even notice they had them at the store until i looked for it they were right in front of my face. Well I hope this helped some.
  • web proxy server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment