Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How Healthy Would YOU Say I've Been Eating?

I've been ';trying'; to eat healthy for about 2-3 weeks now just because....well....I'm tired of NOT feeling good. I don't care about my weight and whatever, because that's not a problem, I just want to feel better and have more energy and what not. So I'm just curious If I've been doing a good job or not, and what are some things I could try? So based off the following, how ';good'; has my diet been.



1.) For Breakfast: I usually have oatmeal with frozen blueberries. When I have time to cook, I'll make an egg white omelet using 3 eggs ((shut up, I'm hungry!)) haha, and a slice of low fat cheese on wheat bread. Usually with a glass of OJ....very rarely I have milk.



2.) Snack Time: I'll have either some yogurt or fruit. Lately I've been eating pears because they're in season I think.



3.) Lunch Time: This is the meal I usually end up skipping, because I'm busy at work or school. I might snack on some carrots if I can. But If I do eat, It's usually just a turkey sandwich ((6 thin slices)) on wheat bread with tomato and Romain lettuce. No cheese, and a tiny bit of some mayo made with olive oil.



4.) Dinner: This has been the hardest meal to figure out for some reason. So I usually just end up making a fruit smoothie consisting of a cup of blue berries, a cup of strawberries, 1 banana, a slice of tofu, and a splash of OJ. Whatever, it's easy. Sometimes a salad or I'll just stir fry some veggies. Kinda bland I think....but I'm not that great of a cook, haha.



So yeah, overall, how healthy would you say I have been doing? I haven't gone out to a fast food restaurant in over a month.....just because I'm a little repulsed by the sight of it right now. Heh, so yeah, what are some things that I'm doing right? And do you have any helpful suggestions?How Healthy Would YOU Say I've Been Eating?
Here are a few alternations that i'd reccomend you to refocus on just to make things more balanced in what you're lacking- some meals sound alittle out of wack too like dinner.



breakfast- Make you're oatmeal with milk, not water! i'd reccomend adding in some sort of protein to keep you full till you're snack. Could you possibly add in some nut's to you're oatmeal or add a slice of toast with peanut butter/ nut butter? Breakfast #2 sound's great thoe!



lunch- It's reccomended to consume lunch in a healthy lifestyle. I know it's hard for you tho having school and work combined, been there. Is it possible on the days that you know you won't be able to have time to prep a lunch that you could pack a meal replacement bar with veggies/ fruit? The sandwhich sounds really good thoe!



dinner- Okay, now this meal is alittle out of wack. Dinner should be the main source of a balanced meal with protein, whole wheat startch, vegetables, and a serving of dairy.

Ex: 3-4oz grilled chicken breast/ salmon with 1/2 cup brown/ longgrain rice or coscous with a serving of vegetables (1/2 cup of corn of peas or mixed veggies/ small garden salad) with a cup of 1% milk.

A smoothie does not make a proper dinner, especially with you cutting lunch. If you really get stuck take out the simple resources that you probably can't think of since there SO simple: Lean cuisine/ weight watchers frozen entree, or a can of baked beans or vegetarian chili with toast/ veggies, pasta with tomatoe sauce, etc..



Hope i'v helped, goodluck!

- It's okay to eat out, just pick the healthier choices (chicken breast, boiled/ baked/ steamed foods, salad options, etc..)How Healthy Would YOU Say I've Been Eating?
Your Breakfast is Great, and 3 egg whites on Weight Watchers is Zero Points! LOL! So EAT AWAY! Your lunch could use some work, as in ';Not skipping it';, but when you DO Eat, it's healthy. You can also have Salads/and Hearty Vegetable Soup. Dinner is ';iffy'; and you should make it more substantial. I mean a ';Real Meal';, instead of a smoothie. Don't skimp on food, even if your not a good cook you can turn a salad into a meal by adding chicken and veggies. Stuff a Baked Potato with those stir fried veggies. Bananas are great for energy, and excellent when your hungry and feeling weak. Try Salmon or Cod Fish. (Very easy to cook) Chicken, or boil a hot dog! No food is off limits if you eat them in the correct portion size. I learned that on Weight Watchers, and lost 20 pounds. Best advice I ever got. :) Good Luck!
Hi you seem to be eatin well but sometimes not enough as you seem like you are hungry at times.Try a unlimited fruit veg and salad diet for three days then from day four add chicken or tuna and brown rice for 14days I lost most weight eating fresh fruit and veg for two wks and chicken and brown rice cuttin out tea and coffee and havin boiled water with lemon before a meal i lost ten pounds and cos your eatin as much fruit veg and salad as you like i didnt put it bk on when i finished A typical day wud be hot water with lemon an hour before breakfast then two apples a banana a handful of grapes and blueberries for breakfast, mornin snack an apple lunch salad as much as you like spinach lettuce cucumber beansprouts celery(very gud deuretic so is cucumber)peppers with or without tuna afternoon snack banana and handful of sunflower seeds tea for days one to 3 is same as lunch but from day four for tea have salad skinless chicken or tuna and brownrice.Cut out tea and coffee and drink lots of water x
umm...the concept is good

but your missing out on major food groups- firstly never skip lunch(your lunch is good though)- secondy, you cannot have that smoothie for dinner, thats ridiculous, a smoothie like that is an alternative to a breakfast not a dinner

for your dinners have meals such as steamed fish and rice and vegetables (google 'healthy dinners')

try to make your diet more vaired, allow yourslef the odd treat, and try to get a good range of food from different food groups. and drink lots of water

No comments:

Post a Comment